- I am a born and raised Austinite
- I hold a Master of Fine Arts in Web Design and New Media from The Academy of Art University
- My BA in English from The University of Texas is why I enjoy content writing and offer it as a service
- My dog, Potter, is the Chief Creative Genius of Catballoon Designs. Don’t let this concern you – I can vouch for his genius
- I eat challenges for breakfast so, if you have a challenging project… Bring. It. On.
Let me just get this off my chest – I once Photoshopped a shirt onto a family member for a Christmas card picture. They were never told and never realized the difference.
Ok, whew, I feel better now. I’m hoping that with this confession you’ll get a glimpse into my love for all design projects – weird or “normal” (whatever that is).
My name is Catherine Edsel Watson and I am the owner of Catballoon Designs. From building websites and creating brand identities to designing your business stationery and Photoshopping different hairstyles onto your pictures (hey, we all want to know what that bob would look like on us), I do it all.
I love design for many reasons but one of the big ones is that it gives you that awesome rush of instant gratification. Each step of the creative process reveals more and more layers of a project, which just builds the anticipation and excitement of seeing the final product. Nothing is more satisfactory than presenting a client with my work and seeing their face light up with delight. I’m a very determined and goal-oriented person so once I start a project, there’s no stopping me.
I like to think of myself as “middle-brained” – relying on equal amounts of my left, analytic brain and my right, creative brain. I float comfortably between logical and creative tasks and try to maintain an even dosage of both traits in all of my projects. It’s important for me to feel that my designs intrigue and interest viewers as well as appeal to their sense of order and reason. Because of this, I strive to make my work span multiple categories so that it escapes being pinned down to one specific style.
If you have a project that you need help with, don’t hesitate to get in touch! I’d love to discuss it with you.